A great move
...Every time!


Highton Removals & Storage Geelong

Trust a well-known Geelong Removals Business


Insurance FAQs

Do I need to take out insurance?

This is your decision, but we recommend that you consider your choices. Your goods can be exposed to the risk of loss or damage when they are on the move.

Are my goods covered by my Home and Contents Policy?

Not usually in transit or storage, you need to check your policy. Contact your Insurer to find out.

Do I need to insure everything?

This is your choice but whatever is not on the list is not covered.

Which type of cover should I take out?

We recommend that our customers  take out Full Cover and Insure their goods for Replacement Cost. This means that you have the broadest coverage against the risks of loss or damage and you would receive new for old in most circumstances (unless your goods are more than 7 years old).

How much should I value my goods for?

If you choose replacement cover, you need to estimate the cost of replacing your goods with new goods of similar type and quality.
If you choose market value cover, then you need to estimate the amount that you would be likely to receive from your goods if you sold them.
You can either provide us with a figure or the total value of your goods or you can use our Insurance Declaration to indentify and value your goods.

Are you experienced in insurance?

Our authorised broker, Cowden are removal insurance specialists.

I have 100 CD’S Do I have to itemise them individually?

No, just estimate their total value. For example you may estimate their replacement value at $2000.

I have to put my goods in storage – do I have to take out separate insurance for that?

Yes, we can arrange storage insurance for your goods in conjunction with the transit insurance.

How will I know what I am covered for?

The Product and Disclosure Statement (PDS) explains the insurance coverage.

I am not sure if the insurance cover is enough for me?

If you need extra advice we can refer you to our authorised insurance broker, Aldrige and Street.
Contact them on 03 9867 7663.

I don’t want to take out insurance but do I have to?

You are under no obligation to take out transit and/or storage insurance. Of course, it is also your choice as to which broker you choose.

Is it really nessessary to take out insurance?

Despite the best of care and expertise accidents can happen.

Can I take out insurance if I do the packing myself?

Yes, the Customer Goods in Transit and Storage Insurance can cover cartons that you have packed. These contents must be individually valued when itemised and the cover is only restricted.

Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim?

Yes, the Customer Goods in Transit and Storage Insurance does have an excess.